Here’s an easy and delicious appetizer that is the perfect way to enjoy these last bits of outdoor entertaining. However, we must admit, we like the idea of fall entertaining with skewers. There are easy (especially for larger groups), you can make ahead of time and you can substitute based on your own personal tastes. Buon appetito!
Recipe: Antipasto Skewers with Herb Vinaigrette
For the Herb Vinaigrette:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tb. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tb. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tb. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tb. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 Tb. fresh chopped thyme
- 1 Tb. fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
For the Caprese Skewer Recipe:
- 8 oz. container small fresh mozzarella balls
- 8 oz. hard (or dry) salami, up into bite-size chunks
- 1 can small artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted olives, any variety
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 package 4-6 inch skewers
- In a small bowl, whisk to together all the ingredients for the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Slide 3 or 4 antipasto platter items on each skewer. They don’t all have to be the same.
- If making a day or two ahead, leave the basil leaves off and pour the vinaigrette over the skewers to marinate.
- If making the day of the party, place the basil leaves on the skewers. And serve the vinaigrette on the side.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)Cooking time:
Number of servings (yield): 12, approximately 45 – 4″ skewers
Recipe provided by A Spicy Perspective