Imagine your house filling with the amazing scent of cinnamon, orange and eggnog while the gifts are being opened on Christmas morning. Top food blogger Jennifer Leal of SavoringTheThyme.com shares a delicious eggnog and cranberry bread pudding casserole she developed especially for Villeroy & Boch fans.
Eggnog & Cranberry Bread Pudding Casserole (serves 6)
- Challah or Brioche bread cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 cup 1 % milk
- 3 cups golden eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure pure vanilla extract (Jennifer Leal recommends Madagascar Bourbon)
- 2 teaspoon Orange zest, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and then add the milk, eggnog, brown sugar, cinnamon, orange zest and vanilla and whisk together.
3. Slice the Challah into 6 (1-inch) thick pieces. Lay the bread in an overlapping pattern with cranberries nestle between each layer and sprinkled on top of the last slice. Pour the eggnog mixture slowly over the bread, press down gently and allow to soak for a minimum of 15 minutes.
4. Bake 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve warm and be sure to store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe and Photos by Jennifer Leaf of SavoringTheThyme.com.