The crisp fall weather makes you want to get together with friends, doesn’t it? Whether you’re watching the big game or hanging out by the fire, you’ll need a fun drink to go with your favorite fall recipes.
Caramel apple martinis taste just like fall. Inspired by fall harvest festivals, bobbing for apples, and those big sticky caramel apples at Halloween, this drink will become a classic you’ll crave each year when fall rolls around!
CARAMEL APPLE MARTINI
- Use a pretty stemmed glass like Villeroy & Boch’s New Cottage Saucer Champagne glass.
- Before piping the caramel,* put the glasses into the freezer for a few minutes to chill them slightly. Drizzle caramel syrup into the chilled glasses and put them back into the freezer for up to ten minutes while you mix your drinks. This keeps the syrup from pooling at the bottom of the glass. Make a design with the caramel to suit your party theme: a flower, polka dots, a spider web for Halloween parties, etc. Be creative!
- * Put caramel sauce in a squirt bottle (like they use at coffee houses) to decorate the glass. If you don’t have a squirt bottle, spoon the caramel into a small plastic bag. Work the caramel down into the corner of the bag with your hands. Snip the tip of the bag and pipe the caramel into the glasses. The heat from your hands will warm the caramel slightly, making it easier to pipe into the glasses.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice mix:
2 parts Butterscotch Schnapps
2 parts Sour Apple Pucker Schnapps
1 part vodka
- Shake and pour into the chilled and decorated glasses. Garnish with a slice of fresh apple or a caramel apple.
- Variation: Adjust the recipe by using vanilla vodka for a sweeter drink or Vox Green Apple vodka for an extra apple kick.
(Article & Photos by Martie Duncan of MartieKnowsParties.com.)